Usage & Safety
Cultivating good habits begins with knowledge and understanding. Hijau Philosophy outlines the best ways to reap the benefits of your pure essential oils. Remember that lesser is sometimes more with essential oils.
Hijau Philosophy believes in the safe practice of aromatherapy and does not recommend oral consumption of essential oils unless under the supervision of a qualified clinical medical doctor (who is also qualified in clinical aromatherapy). It is important to understand that essential oils are not dietary supplements or flavourants.
The information provided is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent diseases.
All bottles are filled by volume (mL). Due to viscosity that may vary for different oil types, some bottle sizes may not appear be filled to the top, but do contain the volume of oil specified.
1. 2-3 drops of essential oils into a bowl of hot water (inhale with a towel over your head for a minute
2. Or to allow aroma to permeate room with windows closed for 5 minutes (2-3 drops)
3. Add to tissue/handkerchief ( a drop or 2) and inhale deeply over a span of few minutes or until relief is felt. Repeat as necessary
shower & bath
1. Add to shower gels/washing liquid (3-4 drops of essential oils per 100ml of liquid) and use as is in shower or bath
2. Add 1-2 drops of essential oils on your wash cloth/sponges and lightly apply to your skin as you continue to stand under running water.
3. Inhale deeply and enjoy the aromatic steam goodness
Add a few drops of essential oils or more to 100ml of warm water. Shake and spray onto carpets, curtains, floors, kitchen surfaces etc…simply for its aromatic fragrance or as a cleaner/disinfectant.
Dilution rate of between 1.5% - 5% of essential oils to carriers of your choice (liquids such as carrier oils, lotions, creams and gels).
1-2 drops of essential oils into melted candle wax well.
*For safety purposes, do not drop essential oils directly on candle flame.
Recommended dosage is between 3-4 drops of essential oils per 100ml water. Diffusing time need only be between 15-30 minutes to reap essential oils therapeutic benefits.
*do note that dosages may vary for different essential oils. This is a general guideline.